Saturday, February 22, 2014

Spring Totes!


Fun New Egg Shaped Totes for Spring - $30

Just the right touches added to this spring green and pink daisy tote.



I quilted this tote with a layer of warm and natural 100% cotton batting.
You'll love this padded and lined tote.  It will spoil you.


I handmade the pink buttons just for your tote.


And while I was forming the buttons, I made
a matching zipper pull.


The soft pink zipper runs ear to ear, opening up to a pink and white cotton lining.


There's a hidden pocket inside--set inside of a pocket.
Lift the button to open the hidden pocket.


There's a padded eyeglass case included with your tote.


Detail of the handmade zipper pull


You can carry this 100% cotton tote to the beach all summer long.

And there's more . . . 

A watery pink and green tote








Double straps, over the shoulder


Triangular shaped green and white zipper pull, handmade to match the tote.




***


Starry Night - 100% cotton
with Lime Green with Blue Stars Lining

It's the same great egg shape, with more details!

A kangaroo front pocket with extended angled strap in lime
makes a deep, secure pocket.


Kangaroo pocket securely holds my Kindle Fire
Look closely and you'll see a dangling O'Ring tab.

I adore Features with Function.  
You know, Function resolves problems.
Let me explain.

Function of the O'Ring Tab:
Sometimes when I walk, I listen to my Kindle Fire
and I feed my ear buds through the O'Ring tab.

When I'm finished listening I just stuff the ear bud cables
back into the pocket--allowing the ear bud itself to remain 
available at the edge of the O'Ring.  

Next time I use the ear buds--I just pull the buds up to my ears.  
Never again do I have to un-tangle the cables.  I works like magic.


Another extra deep pocket inside, keeps important items like a cell phone
separate and available at a moment's notice.  

I put my heart into my work . . .
hand crafting every zipper pull from colorful polymer clay.

Once you've zipped with a zipper pull,
you won't want to use anything else. 

Gone Fishing

Well I confess I don't fish, but I am totally
in love with this palm size bejeweled fish.

Any fish that pretty, needs a name.
What will you name it?

The fishy zipper pull is articulated--three moveable parts.
Don't let this one get away!

The 100% cotton exterior is quilted, and lined 
with a fish egg inspired printed cotton.


Using my Kindle Fire here to demonstrate 
the front pocket,

It's an ample front pocket, 
ah, but not quite big enough for the Kindle.

If you look closely, you'll see the fish egg inspired
cotton fabric interior and the top of a deep interior pocket.

Its more difficult than you think to open the tote
and photograph the interior.

Let's solve that problem--I'll add swatches of fabric in the future,
and post some "assembly" photos during construction.
Sound good?

***

Thanks for checking out my new spring totes.

I'll leave you with one last thought--
answering the question, "why do you quilt your totes?"

The quilted walls are softly quilted (padded) with 100% "Warm and Natural" quilt batting.

This gives the entire tote strength and allows the bag to hold its shape well enough
to stand on its own.  

Also, this is a pleasing and responsible way to use (re-purpose)
leftover quilt batting.  

I'll post more about my quilts later.
See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment